Oh no, what if rains on my wedding day?
Top tips for a rainy wedding day!
If the forecast is calling for rain, don’t worry because rainy wedding days can still be beautiful! From a photography perspective a gorgeous bright sunny day without a cloud in the sky isn’t always ideal. When the sun is very high in the sky it creates harsh shadows. A bit of cloud coverage is like Mother Nature’s diffuser, creating flattering even skin tones. So if the forecast isn’t perfect sunshine all day, don’t stress!
- If rain is in the forecast, I recommend ordering a few clear umbrellas. Totes Umbrellas look elegant and let lots of light in, ensuring your images still have that light and airy look.
- If you don’t own a pair of cute Wellies, now may be a great time to order a pair – even if you’re just wearing them between shooting locations.
- It also might be good to re evaluate your couple portrait locations to make sure we can still shoot in natural light – Does your venue have a beautiful staircase or a room with a grand marble fireplace?
- Hair and makeup may need to be tweaked to withstand rain/humidity. You may consider requesting your makeup artist to stay until after your first look/romantic couple portraits are complete.
- Try not to worry about your dress. I would never ask my Bride to drag her dress through puddles for a shot but getting it a little damp for your lifetime memories may be worth it!
- Think about an alternative location for your group photographs. This will depend on your venue, we can discuss this prior to your wedding day.
Rainy day weddings may require a little more flexibility and creativity, but there isn’t any reason why they can’t be as elegant and as joyful as sunny weddings! Ask your venue what their rainy day back up plan is.
While I can’t guarantee that rain on your wedding day is good luck, I can put a plan in palace to ensure beautiful images.
Planning your dream wedding? Searching for a light and airy fine art Wedding Photographer? For more information about my collections Click Here